Lessons from China: What the rest of the world can learn from how Manuli Hydraulics resumed business operations amidst the COVID-19 crisis
As countries around the world continue in their battle against COVID-19 at varying stages, in China, the worst appears to have been overcome. Today, most of China’s businesses are gradually resuming operations, providing the world with an invaluable frame of reference as they prepare to return to work.
In an effort to guide and inform businesses on what they can expect when resuming their operations, Hays, the leading recruiting expert, interviewed Luca Pozzi, General Manager of Manuli Hydraulics in China and Southeast Asia. Titled ‘Lessons from China’, this in-depth interview features a riveting first person account of the crisis in China from a business standpoint, as well as valuable insights and advice from Luca on how businesses can swiftly resume operations.
In this report you can expect to find:
- Critical first steps that Manuli took when the crisis first hit
- A step by step account of how Manuli supported returning staff through the crisis
- Skills that proved invaluable during times of crisis and roles that remained critical for hiring
- Recommendations on how to harness the power of people during times of crisis
Speaking on the report, Grant Torrens, Regional Director for Hays in Singapore commented, “The response of businesses in China has been an important lesson in tenacity, agility and determination in the face of unprecedented challenge. By showcasing an on-the-ground view of the events that unfolded there earlier this year, we hope organisations in Singapore and around the world can gain valuable clarity, insights and direction, as they rally through this next period of uncertainty. Luca’s insights provide a first hand account of change at the leading edge of events and may act as a guide for businesses in all parts of the world as they move through the different phases of this crisis.”
To download your free copy of Lessons from China, please click here.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2019 the Group employed 11,500 staff operating from 265 offices in 33 markets across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2019:
– the Group reported net fees of £1,129.7 billion and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £248.8 million;
– the Group placed around 81,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 254,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 18% of Group net fees were generated in Australia & New Zealand, 27% in Germany, 23% in United Kingdom & Ireland and 32% in Rest of World (RoW);
– the temporary placement business represented 57% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 43% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Chile, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA