Your new company
A leading utility-backed seaborne energy trader specialising in LNG, Coal and Freight with a platform to trade across all key markets (North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia), where your focus would be to ensure that an optimised set of business process maps are in place and our internal procedures are promptly updated to reflect the agreed framework.
Your new role
- Ensuring an appropriate and tailored IC framework is in place for the various business activities;
- Ensuring consistency of IC approach across the whole company, particularly ensuring our North American and European operations are in full alignment;
- Providing internal control guidance and support to commercial and functional teams in managing the operational risks, and ensuring the quality and consistency of the internal procedures from an IC perspective;
- Ensuring an optimised set of business process maps is in place to reflect the agreed framework;
- Proactively identify control and process improvement initiatives and drive continuous improvement in the organisation;
- Coordinating the Operational Sign-Off process for all new business activity/product and tracking action items signed off by relevant functions;
- Conducting formal internal control reviews of commercial desks, middle and back office functions;
- Leading the control gaps/incidents reviews, including root cause analysis, recommending mitigating controls, reporting and tracking the remediation actions;
- Identifying and following-through on improvements to the internal control system, as recommended by internal and external audits;
- Compiling and preparing relevant Internal Control metrics and KPI reports on a monthly and ad-hoc basis;
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience in internal control, compliance, operational risk, fraud investigation or internal audit
- Experience in an energy/commodities trading environment, or related regulatory environment is preferred
- Experience of control evaluation & design and maintenance of business processes in a fast-changing and significant regulatory environment
- Experience of financial controls and assessment of risk within complex financial processes is highly desirable
What you'll get in return
An excellent opportunity awaits you in one of the world's largest energy and commodity trading organisation, providing the ideal culture for both growth and work-life balance, surrounded by world-class facilities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested on this role, click "Apply Now" and send in your updated resume, or you can also contact me at Dashini.email@example.com or call me at +603-76118695 for a confidential chat.
Registration ID No. R1769394 | EA License number: 07C3924 | Company Registration No. 200609504D