Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
Your role will be under Risk Management, where the division is supporting Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
COO team is responsible for effectively running the department, delivering strategic projects, leading risk governance, regulatory risk management and talent development in the region. As a member of COO team, the individual will be responsible to support the COO in delivering both BAU and strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities / Core Functions:
- Budgeting – annual exercise and monitoring of actuals vs budget
- Headcount management - Assisting in execution of plans in the region and coordination with global COO teams
- Training including culture conversations, officer vs non officer trainings, new hire trainings – involves coordination with NY COO team
- Employee communication relating to various policies
- Business Unit Information Security Officer and Business Continuity Planning – Planning for various scenarios that could disrupt BAU operations
- Space / office management
- Legal entity risk governance
- Collaborating with global COO teams in different regions
What you'll need to succeed
- 8 years of relevant working experience in a similar role (business planning, business operations) within banking and financial services
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot, formulas)
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to work in a top-tier global investment bank
- The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
- The career development opportunities with attractive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career or email Fionn.Tan@hays.com.my.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse background to apply.