My client within the FMCG industry is looking for a POS Engineer to join. IT executives with no experience in POS management is also welcomed to apply!
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as contact for all users on system issues or problems. Troubleshoots, analyzes and escalates software and hardware issues as needed to ensure resolution and keeps system operational.
- Maintains the integrity and the functionality of business unit systems by performing system and database maintenance. Monitors system performance; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to provide recommendations on new initiatives or projects.
- Work with IT partners, functional analysts and vendor on small projects.
- Keeping abreast of technological developments and applications and uses that information to proactively initiate enhancements to mitigate against future problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of business-specific application system in Retail F&B industry, such as POS, Portal, ERP, Mobile Apps - Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities.
- Knowledge of Installation, configuration, administration, performance backup, monitoring and tuning, capacity planning and maintenance of the systems, especially Point of Sale system .
- Possesses strong analytical, technical solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong technical knowledge in Troubleshooting of PC, Network and Server related problems.
- Familiar with Windows Servers Active Directory domain services administration, troubleshooting, health check and fine-tuning.
- Ability to identify/define technology solutions delivering required business capabilities.
- Familiarity /skill to objectively assess benefits, costs, and viability of proposed solution options.
- Familiarity of business process design and ability to drive process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to develop clear, thorough functional design specifications that drive effective solution development.
- Familiarity of effective testing practices and methodologies.
- Ability to define and execute appropriate test scenarios to validate system solutions.
- Ability to effectively utilize available tools and resources (internal and external) to resolve issues.
- Ability to work well independently within a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline orientated environment by embracing all tasks with competency, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Must be customer service orientated
- Strong oral and written communication skills enabling the persuasive presentation of proposed solutions and the delivery of effective end-user training.
- Ability to help collaborate and drive consensus across a diverse group customers with conflicting priorities
- Ability to work with internal and external parties.
- This role required to work standby 24/7.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or send it to email@example.com, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
EA Reg Number: R22107188
EA License Number: 07C3924
Company Registration No: 200609504D