Your new company
Major Japanese construction company and one of Singapore's leading construction company.
Your new role
The Design Manager plans and controls the overall activities and progress of the design team to ensure necessary shop drawings/documents are delivered as per master programme timeline.
• Close communication with PD/PM to reflect PD/PM’s intention for the project and establish Design management policy/tactics in line with PD/PM’s intention.
• Responsible for dealing with client and consultant management.
Planning & Programming
• Planning of shop drawings submission schedule to control the sequence and time frame for development of shop drawings.
• Prepare documents/samples submission schedule to control the sequence and timing for samples submission/approval with preferable float time allowed for procurements.
• Co-ordinate all related design matters with Consultants/ Client.
• Ensure main contract and sub-contract designs co-ordinated fulfil all design requirements.
• Co-ordinate with Contract team for any formal and informal changes made by Consultants.
• Co-ordinate with Contract team for proper sequence of sub-contract awards.
• Resolve technical problems for team.
• Responsible for the compliance to safety & occupational health practices to be implemented at Design Section and Design subcontractors with IMS safe work methods.
• Responsible for site implementation of safety standards to comply with IMS safe work methods.
What you'll need to succeed
• Degree or Diploma holder.
• At least 10 years of design co-ordination experience with Architectural and structural trades in the building construction industry.
• Able to work independently. Work experience for at least two large scale construction projects.
• Good knowledge of local authority requirements and engineering standards.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to organise and control activities of the design team.
• Good skill to manage changes by Consultants, i.e. comments to RFI or AI issued, ensure the changes are economically in favour to the Contractor.
• Familiar with 2D CAD operation and good understanding of 3D Modelling management.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to analyse and synthesize complex issues quickly.
• Singaporean Citizen or Singapore PR Holder (Urgent role)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click "apply now" to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact Malini at +65 6027 1968 for a confidential discussion on your career.
EA Reg Number: R22106855
EA License Number: 07C3924 | Company Registration No: 200609504D#1251228